Saturday, March 30, 2013

Move Over Netflix, It's Prime Time For Amazon

I used to love Netflix.  Movies were decently current, the interface was easy to use, and I could watch wherever I wanted: mobile, t.v., or laptop.  That was then and this now.  Frankly Netflix has disappointed me.  The movies are old, save for the documentaries, or were never hits.  Cost: about $100/year.
Amazon Prime










As a frequent Amazon user, one day I decided to take advantage of Amazon Prime's 30 day trial offer with which they were trying to lure me.  Not only was I going to get 2 day shipping on my purchases included, but streaming movies and t.v., all for $79/year!  I decided to pull the trigger.

I am just over 30 days into my membership and it has been fantastic.  Granted, the interface for the Vizio television app I have took some getting used to.  Note to the developers: add a more intuitive browsing capability.  If you wanted to find a documentary, you search for that word to pull up a list of titles.  Like I said, a little odd at first.  You can always use their web interface which is much easier to sort.

In addition to the movies I have been watching, I have used the two-day shipping as well.  I bought a $6 pack of printer paper and two days later I was feeding my printer with it.  Awesome!  Let me know if you are thinking of making the switch to Amazon, or if you have gone back to Netflix and why.

No comments:

Post a Comment