Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Make Sure You Get All of the Loyalty Program Points You Deserve

Cash Back Coupon!If you are booking a hotel reservation for a special or group rate, make sure to add your loyalty program number to your reservation.  This summer, I am going to a close friend's wedding and had to book the reservation directly through the hotel to get a great group rate.  I tried to add my loyalty program number at the time of reservation, but the front desk wasn't able to do so.  They didn't explain why, but I had some idea, and I wasn't going to give up just yet.

Instead, I called the national reservations number and asked to add my number to my reservation.  They said "no" because it was a heavily discounted rate that only the local hotel was offering but to try and call them directly anyway.  Not a problem, I thought, let me try it again.  Sure enough, I spoke with a different staff member at the hotel and they added it with no problems.  The lesson here is that if you don't like the answer you hear in a customer service situation, try and call, email, or tweet back again and you might reach someone else who can make it happen.

It's just like a lot of things in life in that you will never know until you ask.  In this case, be persistent because you have nothing to lose, but points to gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment