Monday, April 05, 2010

Don’t forget the in the-store coupons as well

Since most coupon hunting takes place either in the Sunday newspaper, or increasingly on-line (hint: search for "printable coupons"), a possibly overlooked hiding spot for valuable money savings is at the grocery store, supermarket, or drug store itself.  Specifically, CVS offers a handy, dual-function kiosk that serves as a price checker and a coupon dispenser.  As much fun as it is to scan my ExtraCare card, I never have scanned an item, you know, “to double check” the price.  Perhaps I should. 

Most of the time I have tried to use the kiosk for coupons I have been disappointed.  $1.50 off tampons or something I clearly do not need.  Lamenting at the waste of paper (one would think that CVS might want to give the option to print the coupon out or not), I am usually discouraged.  However, lately I have had a stroke of luck.  Not only has the coupon machine been working, but also it provided valuable savings that I used at the same store visit.  The first was the ExtraBucks that I was eligible for based on winter spending.  I did not realize you could print them out there, too.  And, the second was for $1 off paper products and I happened to be buying paper towels that night.

What is cool about CVS, at some locations, is the ability to do self-check out.  Sometimes it is slower than waiting in line, particularly if the machine jams up for whatever reason, but I have had success by and large.  And, don’t worry about not being able to use CVS coupons during self-check out, one can still scan those, too.

Long-time readers know that I love CVS and always feel like I got a good deal for my money.  You should, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment